Tuesday 1 May 2012

He also was a great Dane in 'Hammlette'.

Everyone knows the name of the tenth actor to play the eponymous Time Lord in Doctor Who, right? Because I was pretty sure that I knew the answer until I saw this in the review section of a magazine:


Of course, it's David Tennentt! How on earth could I forget that cheery national treasure with his distinctive quintessentially Scottish surname? Silly me.

Now, to be fair to the critic, it is a difficult job churning out reviews, especially if they take the form of a pithy paragraph in a free magazine you pick up in a pub, but surely turning on the ole spell check here wouldn't have taken a second of their time? After all, from the looks of it alone, you would be able to see that it doesn't look right. Come on, if you're unsure, just Google it!

I did. Turns out it's not, as I thought, 'Ten ant' (perhaps I'm a secret entomologist), but Tennant. That took all of five seconds and now I can be rest assured that my blog is free from embarrassing typooes. What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment