Tuesday 8 October 2013

THE BOOTH - I'd like to thank...

Well, that’s it. The Booth is no more. Not only is it literally burnt to the ground, it in another sense is over because I will not be producing any further editions. I made twelve episodes – that’s a run to match Fawlty Towers (and we bettered them by not mentioning The War at all). You’ve had four hundred and eighteen minutes of free entertainment from me. That’s almost seven hours (or, to put it another way, almost two whole Lord of the Rings films).

Only one of these people made it out alive.

Anyway, that’s your lot. I’ll start releasing something brand new soon but you can rest assured it won’t see me trapped in a studio trying to think of punning questions based on an ever-decreasing supply of themes. Until then though, there’s the mandatory acceptance speech-type list of thanks you…
Ah, Antosh, Dan, Sam, Scott, Chris, James, Mark, Davis, Kora, Charlie, Clare, Indy, Connor, and Milli.
Thanks to Tim Berners-Lee for giving us the internet - I particularly love the ease with which I can instantly access pictures of kittens.
Thanks to anyone who listened to the show or even read this blog*.

Thanks to Mark for some sound advice.

I’ve been Brendan Way. This has been The Booth. Goodbye!


*Microsoft Word wants me to believe this sentence is a question. It isn’t. I am positive I want to thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment