Tuesday 17 July 2012

The fact that Kathy Burke's dog is called 'Shenanigans' didn't even come close.

This week, I learnt perhaps the greatest fact I will ever learn. Of all the bits of useless knowledge I've gleaned from quizzes, Twitter, chat shows, and a bloke down the pub, this will forever be my favourite piece of trivia. Honestly, it will be hard to top this one. If I died tomorrow, I would do so with a smile on my face because I know that Sweden has an official Twitter account.

Yes, you read that right. The entire county of Sweden has a Twitter account. That, in itself, is amazing, but wait, it gets better. Not only is it on the social networking site, but its page is run by random citizens for a week each. What other tourist board would ever allow that? Certainly we can't expect a @northkorea feed any time soon.

What if the UK opted to start up something similar? Would the varied voices of our famously self-depreciating nation inspire a nuisance of tourists (or whatever the correct collective noun is) to come to our illustrious isles, or would it make them reconsider that holiday to Bedford? Now I'm not sure I know the answer, but I can very much imagine what our feed would look like...

@UK/Chantelle @UK
OMG 1D = fit. <3 them

@UK/DwayneLEGEND @UK
@germany TWO WORD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUPS!!"! HAHAHA twats

@UK/ArthurSmythe @UKQueueing...

@UK/ArthurSmythe @UKQueueing...

@UK/ArthurSmythe @UKQueueing...

@UK/Doris1949 @UKI will tell you what is wrong with this country today - people are not as educated as they were when I was a girl. Why, in those days, you w

@UK/AlexC @UK
Trains all late again. Bloody disgrace.

@SamTheMan @UK
Raining. Typical.

@UK/WILKO @UK
RT@LdnMayor "Look you lot, perhaps it would be best if you stopped complaining and promoted our heritage sites" <--- Get a load of this guy.

@UK/ArthurSmythe @UKStill inexplicably queueing.

No comments:

Post a Comment