Thursday 20 September 2012

Given that I was in France, I also saw a lot of baguettes and cheese

If I've learnt anything from being a student, it's that lists are useful. If I had to stretch to a second thing, it would be that if you need something, you can probably find it in Poundland, but enough of my blatant attempt to get sponsorship from one of Britain's leading discount stores.

I recently (or, depending on when you're reading this, ages ago) posted a few photos from my holiday in France. Now, these were accompanied a list seemingly compiled by pulling words out of a hat.The following one, also of things I saw whilst across the Channel, promises more of the same, but without the pics. Oh, don't complain, just get on and read.

I saw...

*An octopus made of bread

*A combine harvester made of straw

*Stalactites

*Stalagmites

*One of the only cave-dwelling vertebrates in Europe

*A woman who evidently thought it was a good idea to bring her terrier on a cavern tour

*A road sign bearing the silhouette of a sheep

*A deck chair marked 'private'

*A road sign for a speed bump which had been altered to depict a snail

*A door knocker in the shape of a hand

And, finally...

*A beggar with a sign reassuring us that any money we gave him would be spent on alcohol and drugs


Yes, you're right. It was a lot better when there were pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment