Sunday 11 October 2020

Dead Drunk Detective: The Con Test

 

This post is about the series two finale of Dead Drunk Detective. You can listen to the episode here.

An important bit of geography is established: the Cough Inn is near Johnny's office. Which suggests he only goes there because it is convenient. This episode suggests it's certainly not because of the quick service (although the bartenders being busy was largely a practical decision - it meant I was not obliged to include an arbitrary appearance for Jo).

Given that they are both zombies, it is slightly apt that Jackie and Johnny are competing in a battle of braaains.

I rarely have Johnny carry a firearm. This is not a moral stance. It is just difficult to convey gun fights via radio.

Jackie's 'I'll be back' was not included simply because it's a cliché. I genuinely wanted to keep my options open in case I decided villains came back each series with the frequency that they do in Doctor Who.

Jackie's surname is never referred to in the script or credits. My private joke among the cast is that it is 'Daniels', thus making her name a nod to whiskey brand Jack Daniels.

No comments:

Post a Comment