Sunday 18 October 2020

Dead Drunk Detective: Who's the Pawpetrator

 This post is about 'Who's the Pawpetrator'. You can listen to the episode here.

I accept that this mystery is pretty grim. Johnny has tackled murders before, but not one where the victim is an animal. Producer Katherine asked me if the dog had to die, so, as a compromise, I added the reveal that there are hellhound puppies. I also tried to keep things light throughout with a double whammy of snake puns and dog puns.

Betty hints towards an explanation for Johnny's previous penchant for booze: he felt it numbed his brain, thus stopping it from zombiefying. He now aims to distract it to similar effect by keeping it preoccupied with mysteries.

Having previously featured A Loch Ness Monster, it made sense to finally bring in the real thing. I asked Jacqueline to play her with a Miss Piggy diva energy. The 'moi?' was a line change suggested at the recording and made the homage more overt.

No comments:

Post a Comment