Sunday 11 October 2020

Dead Drunk Detective: Where Wolf

 

If you want to listen to 'Where Wolf' before reading about the episode, you can find it here.

I have repeatedly mentioned how much I like casting Steff and writing for the puppyish powerhouse of positivity that is Hairy Potter. This episode marks the logical endgame of that: two versions of Johnny's lupine pal.

If you establish that a character is a werewolf, you absolutely want to see them transform. Hairy wolfing out is the fulfilment of that promise - and also allows me to heighten the joke of his dog-like energy by having him chase after a stick.

With two Hairies hanging around, plus a pair of series favourites in the form of Drac and Jo, there is a lot going on in this episode. So much so that this is the first edition that does not mention scotch.

Betty's comment regarding the 'here's Johnny' reference - 'I can't believe you haven't made that joke before' - is me calling myself out for previously missing such an obvious gag.

Johnny's offhandedly remarks that he'll 'probably be killed in five' years. This remains to be seen - the show has only run for four series so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment